As a Young African American living in the great U.S of A. I am greeted with a new day of having a "Black" President. Yet, I am also perplexed at the reverse racism I feel lately in regards to the outcome of the Presidential Election.
See the issue is that I much like Barack Obama am a well-dressed well-manicured young "black" man. The looks that are now apparent are very different from the way things have been a year ago. Maybe this is a true awakening for what I believe to be a society that is very misguided. I have had several individuals look at me directly in my eyes and say "Yea, OBAMA!"
(First off you must understand what I believe in order to known why I respond the way I do.) I am not a Democrat. I am not a Republican. I am not a member of the Green party. I AM AN AMERICAN! I do not put myself in a category that will shape my beliefs one way or another. I believe many things at many different angles. There are no infinite solutions to varying situations. I have learned this over a period of my life that has been tested at every juncture at every major decision. At every opportunity, every challenge, every sin, and every blessing. There are times in people's life when you have to love them no matter how bad they screw up. Everyone has had a period in life when they hadn't made the best decision. The true test is if you can one day realize that we are all connected. I see people hurt and in return I hurt. I see people depressed then in return a small part of me aches constantly for that person. I hear of love and I attempt to patch the many holes that have buried themselves in my "emotional" heart. I LOVE when I LOVE. This is either a blessing or a curse. The bad people around me fear me because I Love them. Then people in the middle don't know how to receive LOVE and so in turn abuse it and ultimately disregard what it's truly designed for.
The emotion, which is more of an ACTION, is my LIFE and what I believe. I've heard true love doesn't die. Then, I've heard that Love is something you have to work toward to achieve. If either is the case then WHY IS IT LIMITED to only Americans. I understand there are those who travel, those who do missionary work, and those who aren't programmed by previous generations of hatred and segregation. And most of you understand and remember when you return to the states. Basically, I believe in people who have the best interest for the WORLD at hand. There are people who still have the archaic beliefs that WAR should still be a way to solve different Issues. I believe that there are very few who actually represent what the country or how the country truly feels. 18-20 year old men, who fight and die in the battlefields or when they return to society and kill themselves in their childhood rooms they, grew up in. Innocent women, children, Men, Fellow Men Murdered as called "Collateral Damage" don't control Foreign Policy. Just because waters and man made fences and clay and mortar and things that can last forever. Why do we have to be at War forever in the "HOLY LAND"? Why when Old men Talk, Young men Die? Why can't we have more education for our youth? Why do they know more about guns then about how to survive? Why are our Families torn apart by the results of coming home from an 18 month stint in the "GREEN ZONE"? Why do we as people react to our emotions rather than take the time to THINK things through? How many times has anyone wished they'd reacted differently? Why can't we extend that to the same people who have offended us? Why in the time of our Hurt we forget everyone that We ourselves have hurt? I choose to remember these things whenever I make my decisions from now on. I believe we can All be like God besides we are made in His Image and He Loves all people and All religions, all agnostics, and all sinners.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment